We Tell You About include dependents to your VA disability benefits
See how to add a reliant partner, son or daughter, and/or moms and dad to your VA impairment advantages for extra payment.
Am I qualified to receive extra VA disability settlement for my dependent(s)?
You may qualify for extra impairment settlement for the partner, son or daughter, and/or parent in the event that you meet each of what’s needed given below.
These two must certanly be real. You:
- Qualify for VA disability payment, and
- Have combined impairment score of at the least 30per cent
Adding a dependent may allow you to eligible to receive a greater settlement payment (also referred to as a benefit price).
Would you VA cons
A dependent is:
- A spouse (Note: we recognize same-sex and marriages that are common-law
- A moms and dad, if you’re straight taking care of them and their earnings and web worth are below a quantity
- An unmarried son or daughter (including an used kid or stepchild) whom fulfills among the eligibility demands down the page
To be viewed a reliant, one of these brilliant should be real of an child that is unmarried. They:
- Are under 18 years of age, or
- Are between your many years of 18 and 23 years of age and signed up for college time that is full or
- Became permanently disabled before they switched 18